Ten Shrubs and Plants for Your Garden
For those of you with a garden, or if you want to start one, you should know that there are some plants that should be included in your plans. Planting the following species of shrubs and plants is an excellent idea, as they can bring many benefits to your garden.
If you are wondering what these types of plants are that you should include in your garden, gardeninginfo-online.com compiled a list of ten large shrubs and plants that you should have in your garden.
Ten Plant and Shrub Species for a Beautiful Garden
1. Lilac – These are excellent flowering shrubs that are planted in many gardens. You should also consider planting this shrub because it produces beautiful flowers that smell great as well.
2. Garden Glow Dogwood – For those with limited space in your garden, this is one for you. Some varieties of this shrub tend to be quite compact, making it a smart addition for conserving space in small gardens.
3. Japanese Skimmias – Japanese skimmias produce incredible looking foliage. In addition, their flowers are very fragrant. With this species, you will have a great smelling and beautiful garden.
4. Red Meidiland Rose – For a shrub that is a little less fragrant, you can plant this one. It has no fragrance at all, so your allergies probably won’t be triggered. It is also a hardy species, as it is disease resistant and will survive in a wide variety of different soil types.
5. Shrub Rose – This colorful shrub is another hardy one. This robust characteristic makes it the perfect addition to any garden, where you may want to add a no-fuss but still beautiful flowering shrub.
6. Dwarf Bush Honeysuckle – Here we have another hardy shrub that can survive in a variety of climates. It can be planted in cold climates, and can even handle drier and sandier soil as well. Best of all, it is quite resistant to disease and pests as well.
7. Limelight Hydrangea – The dense foliage of this species should help keep larger animals out of your garden. You can plant it along your garden borders to keep these animals out. It also has quite beautiful flowers, that change from light green to light pink the summer months.
8. Summersweet – One reason to plant this shrub is that it can bloom even in full shade. And the flowers that it produces, as the name states, smell very sweet.
9. Quartz White Verbena – This flowering species looks amazing in any garden. And true to its name, this flowering plant has gorgeously white flowers. Another bonus of those beautiful flowers is that they attract butterflies to your garden.
10. Purple smoke bushes – This is an excellent shrub that you can add to your garden borders to create some definition. The dark purple leaves that this shrub produces look amazing in any garden.
Watch this video to learn how to properly plant your shrubs:
Gardens and Outdoor Living Space
With this selection of shrubs and plants in your garden, you will have created a beautiful outdoor living space to relax in. To cultivate a beautiful garden space, you should include a few of these plants in your garden. Not only do they look fantastic, but they are also low maintenance!